Welcome to New York Online Sports Betting Guide. Learn about legal betting sites, sportsbooks and casinos in NY. We write about betting options, bonus promotions and promo codes. We hope New York state and New York City will allow online betting in 2023. Meanwhile, enjoy and play responsibly! Expect Bally Bet, Caesars NY bet app and other sportsbooks, like PointsBet.
Online sports betting NY is now legal. Caesars Sportsbook, Resorts World NY, PointsBet, Bet Rivers New York, Wynn Bet, Fanduel Sportsbook, BetMGM, BallyBet, Draftkings are licensed mobile sportsbook sites in Empire State.
NY Betting Apps available for Super Bowl 2023
5 NY sportsbooks bonus offers:
- BetMGM New York Sportsbook – free bet
- Barstool Sportsbook App – $1.000 in free bets;
- bet365 – $200 in bet credits (new accounts only);
- Bally Bet NY – $500 risk-free bet;
- BetRivers New York Bet App– 100% deposit match-up bonus.
Legal Betting Sites in New York now
If you are in New York (NYC) you can sign up, get bonus offers and place bets online at these bookies by American Betting Apps NY:
Online sports betting is here in NY! More great betting options to open their doors to New York upstate in 2023!
NY Sports Betting: What Sites Are Available in 2023
Early in 2021, Governor Cuomo in New York reached a deal with the state to legalize online betting for sports. Mobile betting apps will soon be launching in the state and you can expect some of the greatest names in the industry to appear in 2022. Various brands have submitted proposals t receive a license. The state will license two brands and each will be allowed to have two skins, offering a total of four mobile platforms for bettors in the state initially. Dozens more will launch shortly after.
While it is likely that most of the licenses will go to those brands that already have operating sportsbooks in the state, there are some other considerations. If you are looking to enjoy the best action and want to wager from your device, we have all of the latest news right here. Take a look at the major sportsbooks that can be expected to enter the market, most of which will be up and running in time for the 2023 Super Bowl.
With the launch of mobile sports betting. The state could generate as much as $500 million per year in revenue. Today, there are many NY residents that travel over the border to New Jersey to engage in online betting and it is estimated that 20% of the revenue in New Jersey is from bettors from New York.
Let’s take a look at the betting apps we expect to launch in New York in 2023:
- FanDuel – This is one of the most successful betting sites in the US today and it is already operating in many states. Residents of New York may already be familiar with FanDuel app as it offers legal DFS in the state. If Fanduel launches a sportsbook app in NY, you can expect a risk-free bet for up to $1000 in free bets and access on Android and iOS devices as well as through a web browser.
- DraftKings – This sports netting giant is a favorite for NY and it will welcome new members with a 20% deposit bonus that can add as much as $1000 bonus offer to a new account! Mobile betting will be available through dedicated Android and iOS apps as well as a web-based platform compatible with all devices.
- BetMGM – BetMGM betting site is live in New York. BetMGM is known to have some amazing betting features and new members who sign up and deposit will be eligible for a risk-free bet.
- Bally Bet – This is a newer sportsbook that is only operating in a few US states at this time With plans to expand, you can expect Bally Bet to be on the list of sites available in New York in 2022. A risk-free bet offer for up to $550 is presented to new members and the mobile site will be compatible with all devices while offering an Android and iOS app.
- BetRivers NY – This great betting site is popular in other states and when it enters New York, it will present new bettors with a 100% deposit match that can instantly add up to $250 to the account! The bonus has a wagering requirement of just 1x, making it one of the best in the industry.
3 FAQs About NY Online Sports Betting
- Can I be bet on college games and events? The answer is a double-edged sword here. You will be able to bet on college sports if the teams are not in-state teams. You can wager on college sports if the games are not being played in New York and do not include NY teams.
- Is it safe to bet on New York sportsbooks? Yes. All NY betting sites sportsbook apps will have received a license to operate from the state and will have to adhere to strict guidelines and laws. They will also take steps to provide protective services to ensure your personal and financial details are always secure.
- Who can bet online in the Empire State? New York online sportsbooks will be available to all those that are of the legal gambling age of 21. You will also be required to be physically located in the state to place wagers.
Possible Future New York Betting Apps:
- l NY Betting App
- bet NY Betting App
- BetRivers NY Betting App
- TheScore NY Betting App
- betMGM NY Betting App
- Caesars NY Betting App
- Fanatics Sportsbook App
- Pointsbet New York
Online sports betting in New York
Online sports betting is not legal in New York State, although horse racing and daily fantasy sports are. In 2013 the state passed a referendum changing the state constitution allowing for casinos in the state and eventually sports betting at those locations. Right now you can’t bet on sports via websites or on mobile apps in New York state.
The state needs to pass a law regulating sports betting and set up the process to apply for licenses. Although the state constitution does allow for it.
After Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in May. There were efforts to legalize sports betting, but those failed in June because of pressure to put integrity fees in the law.
Although it is technically legal according to the state’s constitution, there are rules and regulations that need to be passed before New York can open sportsbooks. Right now, only the legal casinos can apply for the license, but it is expected tribal casinos and racetracks will also be able to apply for licenses.
Only the casinos legalized by New York can apply. They are:
- Del Lago Resort & Casino
- Tioga Downs Casino
- Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Resorts World Catskills
It is expected that the law will expand to allow racinos and tribal casinos to apply for licenses.
At this time, there are no online sportsbooks operating in the state. However, bettors can engage in daily fantasy sports betting and can also visit nearby NJ to engage in legal sports betting at land locations, online or on mobile devices. Sports betting in New York is going to be legal in 2019.
Will Online Sports Betting Be Allowed in New York?
The law allows the New York Gaming Commission to figure out if online and apps will be allowed. However, the state allows that for horseracing and daily fantasy.
Can I Bet in New York City?
Yes, there are many legal online betting options in New York and New York City. You can bet on horse races at Nyra Bets or create an account at TVG. You can do greyhound racing betting and fantasy sports betting. More legal online gambling sites will come to New York in 2022.
What is the best Sportsbook Bonus Code I can use if I travel to NJ?
There are 15+ legal online sportsbooks operating in New Jersey. If you live in NY you can travel to NJ to sign up with one of them via mobile app. First time depositors above 21 receive some really good bonuses and promotions. However, we recommend these three NJ sportsbooks bonus code of which you can use when registering your betting account for the very first time.
Three NJ bookies with a bonus code for new customers from NY (bets can only be placed in NJ):
|Bookmaker & Bonus Code||Promo Offer|
|BET365 NJ BONUS CODE OFFER||$100 on 1st Deposit|
|WILLIAM HILL NJ BONUS CODE OFFER||$500 Bonus|
|SUGARHOUSE AFFILIATE CODE OFFER||$250 Match Bonus|